Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Back in the Saddle

Bravestarr's relationship with his bionic horse is oddly homoerotic.
Did everyone enjoy that little break?

Obviously, you probably thought that The Nerd Report was dead and buried.  But like a zombie, or Madonna, or that hobo you hit with your car late that night and could have sworn was dead, some things won't stay buried.

You may be asking what kept the Nerdlinger from posting for almost two years, and the answer is too complicated to get into here. Let's just say it involves Bath Salts, a Mexican prison, and Burt Reynolds.

In all seriousness, it's been a busy couple of years. I can't say that I deliberately took a step away from the blog with anything resembling forethought. I simply ran out of time in my day due to many  factors, including a heavier work load at my job, Mrs. Nerdlinger's second pregnancy and the birth of our second spawn, etc. At a certain point, I decided that it was better to stop posting than to only post once a month. Things have calmed considerably since then. So, many apologies, and I hope you'll come back and continue to read the blog.

The important thing is that I'm back in the saddle again, ready to continue posting about all things nerd related. We've got a hell of a summer coming up, with Iron Man 3 about to open, followed by nerd heaven movies like Man of Steel, The Wolverine, Star Trek Into Darkness and Pacific Rim. It's Doctor Who's 50th anniversary this year, so you know I'll have lots to say about that. And there's always tons of comic news, TV news, and assorted geekiness just begging for my brand of half-baked commentary and pithy observations.

Let the hilarity ensue! Hope you all will come along for the ride with me!



No comments: