Thursday, March 3, 2011

First Look at The Red Skull

Over at Entertainment Weekly, they've unveiled the first official look at Hugo Weaving as the full-on, totally bad-ass and freaky Red Skull in Captain America: The First Avenger. They did not wuss out on his look at all. Check it out:


That is not a drawing or a rendering. That is full on, live action Skull. Awesome.

Yeah, I'm sure some people will complain that he's not dressed up in full Nazi regalia, and I kind of get that. But I think it's been made pretty clear that the HYDRA organization are Nazis. My take on this? Well, this flick will most likely end with Steve Rogers being revived in the modern day. The Avengers will carry on from there. And if another Cap movie is made, it will involve Steve finding out, to his horror, that while the Nazis are gone, HYDRA is still alive and kicking in the 21st Century.

Thor is looking better each time I see it, and I'm really stoked for Captain America. The interview EW has with director Joe Johnston makes it clear that he truly understands the character. Marvel could really take super hero flicks to a whole new level with these films.

No comments: