Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander

The first pics of Rooney Mara in the role of Lisbeth Salander in David Fincher's upcoming adaptation of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo have been released. Now, for those of you who recall Mara in her small, but really solid turn in The Social Network, she looked like so:



And in the recently released pics, she looks like this:


So.....yeah. She looks pretty much exactly like the character. Here's a picture of Daniel Craig as Blomkvist, as well:



All of them look appropriate to the book. And while I have only watched the first one of the Swedish films, I have to say that I liked, but didn't love them. Noomi Rapace was very good, but I still think looked a little too old for the role. Mara's look seems to fit more with my idea of a solidly true outsider. Also, I thought some of the changes made to the story didn't make sense, or weren't as intriguing at the novel. So, I'm all for taking another stab at the story, and David Fincher is awesome, so I'll have faith he can pull it off.

No comments: