Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Watchmen unveils new trailer and new poster!

A bevy of new Watchmen news has hit the web.

Last night at Spike TV's Scream Awards, director Zak Snyder, along with stars Malin Akerman, Carla Gugino and Jeffrey Dean Morgan, presented the new trailer to the film. Here's the clip below:




Personally, I love how the audience is entirely appropriate for an event called the Scream Awards. I also love how the Hollywood people look slightly afraid.

Next, they released the new poster, which is very cool:






This amid rumours of an ending that has been changed, after a sneak peek showing of the partially completed film in Portland.

S P O I L E R S - BEWARE KIDS - DO NOT READ PAST HERE IF YOU WANT TO REMAIN SURPRISED

The rumour is that Ozymandias "saves the world" not by faking a hugely destructive encounter with an extra-dimensional alien squid-thing, but by framing Dr. Manhattan for several nuclear explosions.

To me, the squid thing was cool in a geeky sort of way, but I can picture people who have never read the graphic novel seeing that depicted on screen and thinking, "That's fucking retarded". While it does fit in with the whole deconstructionist angle of the genre, it's also undeniably nerdy. A more palatable resolution is not that bad for me, provided the thematic result is the same.



But, I'm psyched to see this, big time.

No comments: